How to Prepare for a Hurricane – PGT’s 2020 Hurricane Guide
PGT manufactures impact windows and doors in Florida and distributes to customers and families around the world, and they are proud to serve your building needs with a clear purpose. All Glass and Windows offers multiple PGT impact windows and doors, and we’re excited to share a sneak peek of their 2020 Hurricane Guide.
PGT’s resource guide is designed to help keep your loved ones and your home safe throughout the 2020 hurricane season. This guide will explain the essential things you can do now to be ready for hurricane season. You’ll learn how to strengthen common weak points in your home, strategies for safety and communication, and the necessary supplies for riding out the storm.
Why is PGT’s 2020 Hurricane Guide Important?
According to PGT, “The National Weather Service reports that approximately three hurricanes make landfall along the U.S. coastline every two years, bringing additional weather hazards like flooding, high winds, and even offshoot tornadoes. The destructive power of even a single hurricane requires careful preparation before, during, and after tropical storm season to protect your family and your home.”
PGT’s 2020 Hurricane Guide covers:
- Home hardening tips to help keep your home secure- Learn how impact windows provide several advantages over typical glass panes
- Checklist for hurricane preparedness- You cannot prevent an emergency, but you can now prepare an emergency kit of supplies.
- Common storm myths and truths that help keep your family safe- Test your knowledge with PGT’s hurricane “True or False Quiz.”
- Tips for getting ready for the storm and afterward- Even as a hurricane dissipates, it’s important to remain cautious.
Additional Hurricane Preparedness Information
There are multiple resources to help you protect your family and your home during hurricane season. We invite you to explore these websites as you prepare for this year’s season.
- Insurance Information Institute: How to Prepare for Hurricane Season – Hurricanes can shatter lives as well as damage property. Being prepared can help you, your family, or your business minimize the impact of the storm. The best way time to start is before the threat is imminent. Here’s what you need to know.
- Ready.gov: An in-depth resource for how to prepare and stay safe during hurricane season.
- FEMA.gov: FEMA shares information on how to prepare for hurricane season.
- Weather.gov: Review Weather.gov’s information about what to do before a tropical storm or hurricane.
- Sarasota County: Stay up-to-date on local hurricane news and hurricane preparedness on the Sarasota County website.