1Does All Glass & Windows repair broken glass windows?
All Glass & Windows will perform service or warranty work on any products we have provided to customers.
2What geographical area does All Glass & Windows service?
For residential glass customers, All Glass’ service territory extends from Tampa to Port Charlotte. For commercial glass opportunities, our trained technicians will travel throughout the state of Florida.
3Do windows and doors in Sarasota and Manatee counties have special storm related requirements? Do I have to buy impact windows when thinking of replacing my Sarasota glass?
Yes, all residential homes in Sarasota and Manatee counties require hurricane storm protection. Manatee and Sarasota impact glass requirements must meet specific Florida requirements.
4How much does an average residential glass customer spend on replacement windows?
At All Glass & Windows we have been quite fortunate to work on many types of residential glass and glazing projects. From multi-million dollar beachfront estates to more modest starter/family homes, we generally have windows and glass solutions that can accommodate differing budgetary requirements.
5What are the benefits of installing impact windows?
In addition to hurricane protection, installing impact resistant windows and doors provides other important benefits.
- Noise reduction: Whether it’s loud boats driving past your backyard, noisey streets or the neighbors dog that sometimes likes to bark continuously, impact windows can help with reducing outdoor noise and give you peace and quiet while you’re at home.
- UV protection: The sun can do more than heat up your home and increase your bills. It can fade treasured art, lighten the fabric of your curtains, rugs and upholstered furniture. Impact windows with a glaze can help prevent this.
- Energy efficiency: Hurricane windows can improve energy efficiency (that means cost savings on your electric bill).
- Security: They can also increase the protection of your home by providing additional security. Since impact windows are harder to shatter and break, they could protect you and your family from potential break-ins.
6How can I tell if I need new windows?
Here are some sure signs that your old windows need to be replaced:
- Difficulty opening or closing
- Drafty, you can hear or feel air leaking through or around the window
- Excessive condensation on the inside of the window panes
- Windows rattle in the wind and during storms
- Paint chipping or peeling on or around residential windows
- High utility bills
- Your home is always too hot in summer or too cold in winter
7Will replacement windows really pay for themselves?
If you select high-quality, energy-efficient windows, your windows will “pay back” your investment in savings by lowering your cooling and heating bills. Well-built residential windows developed by quality manufacturers have been proven to lower home energy consumption which means more money in your pocket!
8How do you choose a hurricane window contractor?
You have a lot of choices for Manatee and Sarasota glass replacement and remodeling. Choosing a window contractor can be difficult if you are not familiar with the business. Consumers need to know the right questions to ask in order to correctly differentiate one company from the other. You will be surprised how many times homeowners make the wrong choice simply because they did not ask the right questions. Below, you can find important questions when you’re wondering, “Who are the top window contractors near me?”:
- How long has the company been in business?
- Who are the employees/technician who will be installing the windows and doors?
- What type of warranty does the company offer?
- What type of warranty does the manufacturer of the windows and glass offer?
- Does the company offer references? Can you speak to them directly?