Is It Time To Consider Hurricane Impact Windows & Hurricane Impact Doors?
The 2022 hurricane season is shaping up to be active, with forecasters predicting a higher-than-normal number of storms. This is partly because the Atlantic Ocean is currently in an active phase of the cyclical pattern known as the Atlantic Multidecadal Oscillation. This pattern typically lasts for 25-30 years, and during this period, the Atlantic basin experiences above-normal hurricane activity. The last active phase began in 1995, and we are now approaching the peak of activity. In addition, sea surface temperatures in the Atlantic are currently above average, providing fuel for hurricanes. As a result, residents of coastal states should be prepared for an increased risk of storms in the coming years.
With increased risk comes the need to prepare your property for a storm. Whether it is new construction, a residential remodel, or a commercial project, the time is now to do your research on hurricane impact windows and hurricane impact doors.
What Are Hurricane Impact Windows?
Hurricane impact windows are designed to resist the impact of flying debris during a hurricane. Impact resistant windows are typically made with laminated glass, a type of glass reinforced with a layer of plastic. This combination makes the window more resistant to shattering, and it also helps to hold the glass in place if it is breached. In addition to laminated glass, hurricane impact windows may also feature hurricane shutters or hurricane-resistant film. These added features can provide extra protection against high winds and flying debris.
When selecting hurricane impact windows, it is crucial to consider the wind rating of the window as well as the size and location of the window. Installing hurricane impact windows can help protect your home during a hurricane, and it can also help reduce the cost of repairs after a storm. An additional benefit of hurricane impact windows is that they can also deter break-ins as their strength and durability make it difficult for would-be intruders to burglarize a residence or commercial property.
What Are Hurricane Impact Doors?
Hurricane impact doors are specially designed to resist the high winds and flying debris that can cause so much damage during a hurricane. Unlike regular doors, which are often made of hollow-core wood or thin metal, impact doors are typically constructed of thick, reinforced glass or other impact-resistant materials. This helps to ensure that they can withstand the forceful impact of hurricane-force winds without being blown in or entirely shattered. In addition, hurricane impact doors usually have heavier-duty hinges and hardware that can stand up to the rigors of a hurricane. As a result, these impact resistant doors can provide a basic level of protection for your home or business during a storm.
What Manufacturers Does All Glass & Windows Work With That Provide Hurricane Impact Windows and Hurricane Impact Doors?
Floridians know they must rely on hurricane impact windows and doors. All Glass & Windows works with some of the nation’s most prestigious glass window and door manufacturers to provide our clients with hurricane impact windows and hurricane impact doors.
- CGI Windows and Doors: CGI offers hurricane impact windows and doors designed to withstand the high winds and flying debris of a hurricane. Their hurricane impact windows are made with laminated glass that is impact-resistant and shatter-proof, and their hurricane impact doors are made with reinforced steel frames and thick weather-stripping to seal out the elements. In addition, all of their hurricane impact windows and doors are tested to meet or exceed the stringent requirements of the Miami-Dade County Building Code. When protecting your home or business from a hurricane, CGI has you covered.
- Euro-Wall: Euro-Wall hurricane impact doors and windows withstand the toughest of storms. These products are tested to meet or exceed strict industry standards and local Florida requirements, and they are available in a variety of styles to suit any home or business. Euro-Wall hurricane impact doors and windows can provide peace of mind during hurricane season, and they can also help reduce energy costs by keeping out the hot summer sun. For these reasons, Euro-Wall hurricane impact doors and windows are an excellent choice for any property in hurricane-prone areas.
- Kolbe: At Kolbe Windows and Doors, a wide selection of products can be upgraded to meet specific needs, including impact resistance in Zone 4 and High-Velocity Hurricane Zones. They offer hurricane impact windows and doors designed to withstand the strongest winds and heaviest rains. Kolbe hurricane impact doors and windows are built with high-quality materials, and they undergo rigorous testing to ensure that they can stand up to the most severe weather conditions. When you choose Kolbe Windows and Doors hurricane impact products, you can rest assured that you’re getting the best possible protection for your home or business.
- Marvin: At Marvin, they understand the importance of protecting your home from the damages that a hurricane can cause. They offer a wide range of hurricane impact windows and doors. Their products are designed and tested to withstand the high winds and flying debris that can cause severe damage during a hurricane. In addition, their hurricane impact doors are available in various styles and colors to suit your residence’s unique look. Marvin has even created a unique line of windows and doors specifically for hurricane-prone areas. Their Signature Coastline collection features impact resistant windows and doors intended to handle the worst storms in Florida. And because they use only the highest quality materials, you can rest assured that your hurricane impact windows and doors will provide years of reliable protection for your home.
- PGT: PGT Windows and Doors has a long history of providing hurricane protection for homes and businesses. Founded in 1980, the company was one of the first to offer hurricane impact windows and doors. These specially designed windows and doors can withstand the high winds and flying debris of a hurricane, protecting both the structure of the building and its occupants. In the aftermath of Hurricane Andrew in 1992, PGT became the largest manufacturer of hurricane impact windows in the United States. With a commitment to quality and safety, PGT Windows and Doors has earned a reputation as one of the leading providers of hurricane protection products.
- Signature Door: Signature Door was founded in 1989 to provide homes and businesses with hurricane impact windows and doors that could withstand the strongest storms. The company’s founders had lived through Hurricane Andrew in 1992 and seen first-hand the devastation that strong winds can cause. They were determined to create a product to protect residential and commercial properties from hurricanes, tornadoes, and other severe weather events. Signature Door’s hurricane impact windows and doors are thoroughly tested. Category 5 hurricane and HVHZ/Impact ratings are available with their hurricane-tested construction. Extensive laboratory testing covers even the most stringent areas of the United States, including Miami-Dade and Broward counties in Florida. The company has sold its products to customers in hurricane-prone regions worldwide, and they have been used successfully in numerous storms. As a result, Signature Door has become a leading provider of hurricane impact windows and doors.
- WinDoor: WinDoor is a Florida-based company specializing in hurricane impact windows and doors. As part of the PGT family, they were one of the first companies to provide hurricane-resistant windows and doors for homes and businesses in hurricane-prone areas. Over the past 25 years, WinDoor has become a leading provider of hurricane impact windows and doors, with a reputation for quality and innovation. Today, WinDoor products are available in various styles and sizes and are used in both new construction and renovation projects. WinDoor products have been tested to withstand hurricane-force winds and flying debris and have been proven to provide superior protection against hurricane damage. With a commitment to quality and customer satisfaction, WinDoor is a leader in hurricane impact doors and hurricane impact windows.
There are multiple benefits when purchasing impact resistant windows and doors. Contact us today to learn more about our hurricane impact windows and doors and how they can help keep your property safe during a storm. With years of experience working with Florida architects, designers, and contractors, the experienced staff at All Glass & Windows can assist you in selecting the proper manufacturer and hurricane impact products for your next project. We invite you to contact us online or call us directly at 941.379.9555.